Do you love camping? Are you a restless backpacker and feel like you could improve your equipment? Do you want a hiking tent that could be used throughout all seasons and let you enjoy the real hiking experience?
ENTER OUR All SEASONS TENT GIVEAWAY
AND GET A CHANCE (OR MORE) TO WIN AN ALPS Mountaineering LYNX 1-PERSON TENT!
How to enter?
You’re a couple of clicks away!
The all seasons hiking tent giveaway will take place on the platform Gleam. In order to qualify for the giveaway, all participants* must complete one mandatory action (visit our article about the surviving a wild animal encounter through the Gleam platform).
Additional actions will gain each participant more entries in the contest. This means that if you:
- Share the giveaway with your friends (optional)
- Follow us on Twitter (optional)
- Like us on Facebook (optional)
- Retweet our contest on Twitter (optional)
- Subscribe to our Newsletter (optional)
- Visit us on Instagram (optional)
- Follow us on Pinterest (optional)
You will have 7 chances of winning a professional hiking tent for all seasons. However, all these actions are optional. The only one mandatory thing you must do to enter our giveaway is to read our Visual Guide to Survive a Wild Animal Encounter.
*Relatives of Restless Backpacker’s employees or collaborators are forbidden to enter the competition.
- How to Survive an Animal Attack and Tell the Story - Safety above all! Learn how you should respond to a wildlife encounter with our easy and fun guide.
More on the Tent Giveaway
The hiking tent giveaway begins on October 16, 2019, and will end on October 31, 2019, at 14:00 PM (GMT +2). The winner will be announced on our social media accounts and will also be personally notified via email. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours, the draw will be repeated.
HIKING TENT GIVEAWAY STARTING DATE
October 16, 2019 14:00 (GMT+2)
HIKING TENT GIVEAWAYENDING DATE
October 31, 2019 14:00 (GMT+2)
*Our secret tip
(Optional) Share this giveaway with all your friends and family. If you’re persuasive enough, maybe the tent will be yours after they win it.
The lucky one
The winner will be selected through the Gleam platform. All participants have 1 to 8 chances of winning, according to how many actions they choose to make (we’ve described the steps above).
The winner will be notified via email within a maximum of three days after the official announcement. If the winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond to our email within 72 hours, another winner will be selected.
- The winner must provide their full name and address upon winning. We will use this information ONLY FOR SENDING THE PRIZE.
- For transparency reasons, the winner must also agree to take a picture with their prize. We will post the picture on our website and social media platforms.
Read through them carefully before applying
- The contest is open to anyone over the age of 18 at the time of entry, regardless of their country of residence.
- The backpack giveaway abides by the rules of the Gleam platform it is organized on.
- The prize is nontransferable.
- The use of bots, macros, scripts or any other software in order to gain more entries or votes is forbidden. Restless Backpacker reserves the right to disqualify any participant that attempts to tamper with the entry or voting process.
- We reserve the right to disqualify all accounts that are used only to enter giveaways/contests.
*For any inquiries or to receive a copy of these Official Rules, please send an email to email@example.com
- Enter Our Giveaway to Win a Hiking Backpack - Enter our backpack giveaway for a chance (or more) to win a hiking backpack so you can also become a restless backer!
Best Hiking Tent
Even if we have a winner already for the hiking tent giveaway, this doesn’t mean we won’t do our job and answer all your questions regarding hiking tents, how to pick them, and how to use them!
How heavy should be a hiking tent?
If you followed our complete guide of hiking, you know you should travel as light as you can. In general, a tent should weigh approximately 2.5 pounds per person. If you hike alone, you should take into account the fact that you will also have to carry a first-aid kit and plenty of other items. When you are backpacking with other people, you can split the weight by dividing the tent, rain fly, poles, and other items.
How should I choose a hiking tent?
It all depends on where and when you are hiking. If you hike in winter, you should get a double-walled hiking tent. In winter, you should look for tents featuring a waterproof floor and a breathable canopy. Moreover, depending on how heavy snowfall is in the area you are hiking, you should also choose a hiking tent that you can cover with a removable rainfly. Single-walled tents are best for alpine climbers. When you hike in summer, your hiking tent should be lightweight but sturdy and well-built enough to protect you against rain, winds, and so on.
Are all-season hiking tents worth it?
Most all-season hiking tents are capable of protecting you from heavy rain and light dustings of snow, winds, or storms. However, all-season tents are not suitable for prolonged adventures outdoors in harsh weather. The main purpose of an all-season tent is to keep the hiker safe from extreme weather. If you intend to hike or spend extended periods in areas with intense winds, frigid temperatures, and heavy snow, you should get a specific tent for such conditions. In any case, an all-season tent must be sturdy and waterproof at all times.
So can you use an all-season tent in the summer?
Yes, but since all-season tents tend to cover most winter needs, they may not offer you the proper level of ventilation you might need in the scorching sun. If you know you are going to hike in summer a region with high temperatures, dry air, and some summer rain, you should get a summer tend instead of a four-season one. All-season tents also tend to be larger, so if you hike solo in the summer, their volume and weight might not be ideal for your needs.
How much should I spend on a hiking tent?
A hiking tent becomes your home while hiking and you cannot really put a price on a home that keeps you safe and comfortable at all times. However, since the base price for an entry-level hiking tent is about $50, anything below might not deliver the quality and safety that you need. Just as it is the case with hiking boots – crucial for a successful hiking experience – so should your tent feature everything you need and then some. From waterproof seams to breathable canopies, the sky is the limit. Our recommendation is to read users’ reviews, compare prices, and do some research regarding the manufacturers’ experience and reputation on the market, especially if you are a beginner hiker on a budget.
About the Author
"When I’m on a trail, it gets quiet, it gets peaceful, I feel like I can breathe again and enjoy nature’s untouched beauty."
Always be prepared!
Get access to all our exclusive checklists to pack efficiently before your every adventure!