RestlessBackpacker.com is committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of its visitors. Outlined below is the information you need to know about the data we collect from our visitors, how we do it, how we use it, and how we protect it.
The Information We May Collect from You
Below is the information we may collect from you:
- Contact information, such as email address;
- Demographic information;
- Technical information, such as an anonymised version of your IP, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visit, such as the pages you visit, the length of your sessions, how you got to our website, what you click on, and the page response time;
- Other information you may share with us through our website.
Please note that the only personally identifiable information RestlessBackpacker.com collects from its users is the name and email address you use when you leave a comment or contact us via email or contact form. If you do not wish to provide your real name or primary email address, you can use an alias and a disposable email address.
RestlessBackpacker.com collects any other information anonymously, and it cannot be linked to the information that identifies you as an individual.
How We May Use the Information We Collect from You
The information you supply to us or the information we automatically collect about you may be used to:
- Keep an internal record;
- Provide you with any information you request from us;
- Improve our website to ensure the content is presented in an effective way;
- Offer relevant, customized content;
- Administer our website, such as for troubleshooting purposes;
- For auditing purposes.
Please note that you can disable RestlessBackpacker.com or third-party cookies by changing your browser settings.
RestlessBackpacker.com uses the following types of cookies:
- First party cookies. These cookies are created by the website the user is visiting and they are allowed in every Web browser by default. If you choose to disable these cookies, our website could no longer keep track of your activity as you move from page to page, but you may not be able to enjoy the same functionality.
- Third party cookies. This type of cookie is created by a different website than the one you’re currently visiting. By default, they are allowed by a Web browser, and are mostly used by advertisers. They can, however, be blocked.
- Secure cookies. A type of HTTP cookie, these cookies have Secure attribute set that protect the cookie’s confidentiality.
RestlessBackpacker.com is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place suitable electronic and managerial procedures to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of the information we collect online.
Every user has certain rights with respect to the personal information shared with RestlessBackpacker.com:
- Access to their personal data.
- Modification of their personal data upon request.
- Object at any time to the processing of their personal data.
- Have their personal data erased upon request.
- Restrict the processing of their personal data upon request.
- Withdraw any consent previously provided.
- Stop receiving marketing communications.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us. Please note that some requests may require you to verify your identity.
Please note that the current information presented on this page is subject to change to comply with any new local or international regulations. If you continue to use our website, we encourage you to revisit this page from time to time to stay up to date with recent updates.
Last updated: November 2018